BEFORE YOU BURN
- Check the DNR website. Shall not burn in unsafe burning conditions.
- Must call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and the Fire Department that services your area.
- Burning of branches, brush, leaves, garden waste, and weeds is permitted (no toxic waste).
- Must attend fire. Means a physical presence with means to extinguish.
- No accelerants.
- 50′ from occupied dwellings, wood structure, streets, alleys, property lines.
- The Town will seek reimbursement of the $850.00 cost of false alarms produced by improper notification.
CHECK CURRENT FIRE SITUATION on the Wisconsin DNR website
CALL WASHINGTON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE & FIRE DEPARTMENT THAT SERVICES YOUR AREA
Washington County Sheriff”s Office
- (262) 335-4378
Town Fire Departments
- Allenton Non emergency – (262) 629-5413
- Slinger Non emergency – (262) 644-5331
- West Bend Non emergency – (262) 335-5054