Town Services

Town Clerk

  • Monday - Thursday 8am-2:30pm

Town Fire Departments

Emergency For Emergencies - Dial 911

  • Allenton Non emergency - (262) 629-5413
  • Slinger Non emergency - (262) 644-5331
  • West Bend Non emergency - (262) 335-5054

Recommendations from Slinger Fire Department to Residents

  • Winter Conditions - Maintain access to driveways and properties. Trucks are almost 9' wide
  • Remove snow from furnace and water heater exhaust
  • Clean chimney for fire places

Voter Information

Registration: Residents may register to vote at the Town Hall during Clerk's hours, via mail,  or on election day. Proper Proof of Residency must be included.  Voter Registration forms and Absentee Ballot Request Forms and be found under Forms and Permits.  Clerks hours are: Monday thru Thursday from 8:00am to 2:30pm.

  • In person absentee voting is allowed two weeks prior to the election date.
  • Polls are open on election day from 7:00am through 8:00pm at the Town Hall.

Zoning & Building Permits

  • Applications for zoning and building permits are available from the Zoning Secretary, Julie Ihlenfeld, at the Town Hall during the hours of operation.
    Building Permit applications are available under the Forms & Permits Link.
  • Hours, Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-2:30pm

Disposal Services

  • Recycling - Contact LRS (formerly Badgerland Disposal) at 608-580-0580. Town recycling center closed July 2020. Curbside recycling pick up is serviced by LRS through the Town of West Bend.
  • Non-Recyclable - Disposal of items containing Freon, or household items such as TV's, microwaves, carpets, wood, tires, etc. may be taken to outside services such as Veolia or A&W. There will be a charge for disposal.
  • Garbage Services - Anyone not living within the Big Cedar Lake PRD lake district has curbside garbage service by LRS through the Town of West Bend.
  • Drain Oil Disposal - The Town Recycle Center does not accept drain oil. See outside services for locations.

Brush Chipping & Yard Waste

The Town provided leaf and yard waste facility requires an authorization sticker to be permanently affixed to the lower left corner of the rear window of a vehicle delivering said waste to the facility. Stickers are $5.00 each with evidence of residency, must be purchased in advance.

  • Please complete Leaf and Yard Waste Permit Application
    and mail to Town of West Bend, 6355 CTH Z, West Bend, WI 53095 or drop in the Town mail box and a sticker will be mailed to you, or bring form to Town Hall between 8:00am - 2:30pm, and we can run a sticker out to you.
  • The Leaf and Yard Waste Facility is located at the town hall, south of the Recycling Center, 6355 CTH Z, West Bend, WI 53095.
  • Open 8:00 am - 12:00 every Saturday in May, 1st and 3rd Saturday in June, July, August and September and every Saturday in October and November. Closed Thanksgiving Weekend.
  • The Leaf & Yard Waste Facility accepts grass clippings & leaves - (you must take the bags with you) and branches. Branches are to be no more than 10 feet long and no more than 4 inches in diameter. When dropping the branches off the ends are to be to the outside and all one direction. No stumps or building materials allowed. The town's wood chipper cannot handle branches more than 4 inches in diameter, stumps, root balls or building material cannot be chipped by our chipper. You must find alternate disposal means for these materials.
  • Wood chips are available any time at the town hall for anyone to pick up. If you would like a load of chips delivered, please contact DPW to make arrangements (262-338-1795).

Christmas Trees

  • During December and January, the Town will accept Christmas trees and wreaths. You can dispose of them on the east side of the south building (former recycling building) by the wood chip concrete bin at the Town Hall. All trimmings & wire must be removed.


The Town of West Bend does not issue burning permits. The Town is in a Department of Natural Resources Air Quality Controlled Area. If you wish to burn brush leaves, etc. (no toxic waste) you must contact both the Washington County Sheriff's Department and the Fire Department that services your area. The Town will seek reimbursement of the $850.00 cost of false alarms produced by improper notification.