- Monday - Thursday 8am-2:30pm
Town Fire Departments
- Emergency For Emergencies - Dial 911
- Allenton Non emergency - (262) 629-5413
- Slinger Non emergency - (262) 644-5331
- West Bend Non emergency - (262) 335-5054
- Registration: Residents may register to vote at the Town Hall during Clerk's hours, via mail, or on election day. Proper Proof of Residency must be included. Voter Registration forms and Absentee Ballot Request Forms and be found under Forms and Permits. Clerks hours are: Monday thru Thursday from 8:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
- In person absentee voting is allowed two weeks prior to the election date.
- Polls are open on election day from 7:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Zoning & Building Permits
- Applications for zoning and building permits are available from the Zoning Secretary, Julie Ihlenfeld, at the Town Hall during the hours of operation.
Building Permit applications are available under the Forms & Permits Link.
Applications must be submitted in triplicate.
- Hours, Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-2:30pm
- Recycling - Contact Badgerland Disposal at 608-580-0580. Town recycling center closed July 2020.
- Non-Recyclable - Disposal of items containing Freon, or household items such as TV's, microwaves, carpets, wood, tires, etc. may be taken to outside services such as Veolia or A&W. There will be a charge for disposal.
- Garbage Services - All sanitary districts have pick up included in the Lake District taxes (except Little Cedar Lake). Anyone not living within a lake district has curbside garbage service by Badgerland Disposal through the Town of West Bend. Residents within a lake district should check with their district to see who is contracted in their area.
- Drain Oil Disposal - The Town Recycle Center does not accept drain oil. See outside services for locations.
Brush Chipping & Yard Waste
The Town provided leaf and yard waste facility requires an authorization sticker to be permanently affixed to the lower left corner of the rear window of a vehicle delivering said waste to the facility. Stickers are $5.00 each with evidence of residency, must be purchased in advance.
- Please complete Leaf and Yard Waste Permit Form 2021
and mail to Town of West Bend, 6355 CTH Z, West Bend, WI 53095 or drop in the Town mail box and a sticker will be mailed to you, or bring form to Town Hall between 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM, and we can run a sticker out to you.
- The Leaf and Yard Waste Facility is located at the town hall, south of the Recycling Center, 6355 CTH Z, West Bend, WI 53095
- Open 8:00 am - 12:00 pm April 24, 2021, last Saturday in April, every Saturday in May, 1st and 3rd Saturday in June, July, August and September and every Saturday in October and November. Closed Thanksgiving Weekend.
- The Leaf & Yard Waste Facility accepts grass clippings & leaves - (you must take the bags with you) and branches. Branches are to be no more than 10 feet long and no more than 4 inches in diameter. When dropping the branches off the ends are to be to the outside and all one direction. No stumps or building materials allowed. The town's wood chipper cannot handle branches more than 4 inches in diameter, stumps, root balls or building material cannot be chipped by our chipper. You must find alternate disposal means for these materials.
- Wood chips are available any time at the town hall for anyone to pick up. If you would like a load of chips delivered, please contact dpw to make arrangements (262-338-1795).
- During January, the Town will accept Christmas Trees Saturdays at the Town recycle Center during regular hours of operations. All trimmings & wire in wreaths must be removed.
- The Town of West Bend does not issue burning permits. The Town is in a Department of Natural resources Air Quality Controlled Area. If you wish to burn brush leaves, etc. (no toxic waste) they must contact both the Washington County Sheriff's Department and the Fire Department that services their area. The Town will seek reimbursement of the $850.00 cost of false alarms produced by improper notification.