Home : Services > Town Services

Town Clerk:

  • Monday - Thursday 8am-2:30pm


Town Fire Departments

  • Emergency For Emergencies, Dial 911
  • Allenton Non emergency - 262.629.5413
  • Slinger Non emergency - 262.644.5331
  • West Bend Non emergency - 262.335.5054

Voter Information

  • Registration: Residents may register to vote at the Town Hall during Clerk's hours, via mail,  or on election day. Proper Proof of Residency must be included.  Voter Registration forms and Absentee Ballot Request Forms and be found under Forms and Permits.  Clerks hours are: Monday thru Thursday from 8:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
  • In person absentee voting is allowed two weeks prior to the election date.  Tuesday thru Thursday      11:00 A.M. till 2:00 P.M.
  • Polls are open on election day from 7:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.

Zoning & Building Permits

  • Applications for zoning and building permits are available from the Zoning Secretary, Julie Ihlenfeld, at the Town Hall during the hours of operation.  
    Building Permit applications are available under the Forms and Permits Link.  Applications must be submitted in triplicate.
  • Hours, Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-2:30pm

Disposal Services

  • Recycling  - All acceptable recycle items may be brought to the Town's Recycle Center during hours of operations. Town does not accept any items with Freon or capacitors. See attendants for information or "How To Recycle" sheets.
  • Recycling hours at the Town recycling center will change as of January 1, 2016

    Saturdays: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM                                                                                            

  • Non-Recyclable -  Disposal of items containing Freon, or household items such as TV's, microwaves, carpets, wood, tires, etc. may be taken to outside services such as Veolia or A&W. There will be a charge for disposal.
  • Garbage Services -  All sanitary districts have pick up included in the Lake District taxes (except Little Cedar Lake). Anyone not living within a lake district contracts your own pick up privately. Residents within a lake district should check with their district to see who is contracted in their area.
  • Drain Oil Disposal -  The Town Recycle Center does not accept drain oil. See outside services for locations.

Brush Chipping & Yard Waste

Leaf and Yard Waste 2018 Schedule

/uploads/ckfiles/files/LEAF AND YARD WASTE 2018.docx

  • Leaf and Yard Waste location will change from Sleeping Dragon Rd. to south of the Recycling Center located at 6355 County Hwy Z as of May 5, 2018.
  • Only Town of West Bend residents and taxpayers may bring brush to the supervised Leaf & Yard Waste Facility located at the Recycling Center, 6355 County Hwy Z.
  • Hours of Operation
    -  8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. every Saturday in May, October & November
    -  First & Third Saturday June through September
    -  Town Residents are not to drop of brush/yard waste at any other time than is posted.
    -  Closed Memorial, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving Weekends
  • This service is for light yard clean up.
  • No branches longer than 10 feet or 4 inches in diameter. Please, no building materials, stumps or root balls can be dropped off at this site. All branches are put through the town's chipper and stumps, root balls and building materials damage the chipper.
  • Please stack all branches stem side towards Hwy Z to make the chipping process easier.
  • Chipped material will also be available for residents to pick up at this location at any time. No charge for chipped material, however there is no help available for loading.

    Dates Leaf and Yard waste is open:
  • July 7th and 21st
  • August 4th and 18th
  • September 15th (Closed Labor Day Weekend)
  • October 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th
  • November 3rd, 10th & 17th (Closed Thanksgiving Weekend)

Christmas Trees

  • During January, the Town will accept Christmas Trees Saturdays at the Town recycle Center during regular hours of operations. All trimmings & wire in wreaths must be removed.


  • The Town of West Bend does not issue burning permits. The Town is in a Department of Natural resources Air Quality Controlled Area. If you wish to burn brush leaves, etc. (no toxic waste) they must contact both the Washington County Sheriff's Department and the Fire Department that services their area. The Town will seek reimbursement of the $850.00 cost of false alarms produced by improper notification.